Standard Chartered is a global bank that operates in more than 59 markets around the world. The bank has had a large business in the Middle East for many years, in particular in the UAE. Standard Chartered UAE generated $546 million from its banking activities in the country in 2021 and had total assets in the UAE of $19 billion, total loans of $9 billion and customer accounts of $11.5 billion as of December 2021.
Standard Chartered UAE Products and Services
The bank offers the following products to customers:
- Current Account – the bank offers a current account with no limits on deposits and withdrawals, banking in multiple currencies, an internationally recognized debit card and 24/7 access to your funds. In order to open the account you will need a minimum initial deposit of AED 10,000 and to avoid paying the fall-below fee of AED 26.25 you need to maintain a monthly average balance of AED 3,000. You have to be 21 years or older and a UAE National or Resident, to open the account.
- Savings Account – the bank offers an XtraSaver Account for customers looking to earn interest. Currently the interest rate offered can be as high as 0.60% per year depending on the average balance in your account. The minimum initial deposit is AED 3,000, however there is no minimum balance required to maintain the account nor a monthly service charge. The account is available in both USD and AED.
- Credit Cards – Standard Chartered Bank UAE has a number of credit cards that its customers and potential customers can choose from. All of its credit cards provides access to over 1,000 airport lounges around the world. These are the credit cards currently offered:
- Visa Infinite Credit Card – this card offers 2% of rewards points back as cashback with any airline bookings. To be eligible you need to have a monthly income of AED 30,000 or more. If you apply online you get a AED 750 cashback.
- Manhattan Rewards+ Credit Card – in addition to providing flexibility in how you redeem rewards points, this card offers buy 1 get 1 free at VOX, Reel Cinemas and Costa Coffee. You need to have a monthly income of AED 8,000 to qualify for this card.
- SAADIQ Credit Card – this card has no charges for being over your limit, no late payment fees and no annual fees. It also offers buy 1 get 1 free at Costa Coffee. You need to have a monthly income of AED 8,000 to qualify for the card.
- Cashback Credit Card – cardholders can get 1% cashback on all domestic spending and 2% on international spending (only if its in a foreign currency). You need to have a monthly income of AED 8,000 to qualify for the card.
- X Credit Card – with this card, customers can get up to 10% cashback on all online purchases and bill payments in AED, and up to 10% cashback on all online and offline purchases done in foreign currencies.
Branch Locations and Hours
As of January 2022, the branches of Standard Chartered UAE will be operating 6 days a week under a new schedule that is as follows:
- Monday to Thursday and Saturday: 8:00am to 3:30pm
- Friday: 7:30am to 12:30pm
- The bank’s branches will be closed on Sunday
- Contact Information
- Call 800 4949 (if calling locally)
- Call +971 4 403 9639 if calling from overseas. 24/7.
Below is a list of the branches of Standard Chartered UAE
Emaar Business Park
Branch Location: Building #3, Opposite Dubai Internet City (DIC)
Branch Location: Shop No. 1 & 2, Belrasheed Building Buhaira Cornish, Al Sour Area
Al Ain Branch
Branch Location: Zayed Bin Sultan Street
Branch Location: Prestige Tower, Ground Floor, W-10/C-10 Khalidiya, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Jebel Ali Branch
Branch Location: The Galleries Bldg in Downtown Jebel Ali