Emirates NBD was formed in 1963 through the incorporation of National Bank of Dubai (NBD) which was the first national bank established in Dubai and the UAE. The bank in its current form is the result of the merger of Emirates Bank International and NBD in 2007. Today Emirates NBD is one of the largest banks in the region by assets and has expanded its operations outside of the UAE to 13 countries including Egypt, India, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, Austria, Germany, Russia and Bahrain. The bank acquired DenizBank, a full-scale commercial bank based in Turkey, in 2019. Denizbank is the fifth largest private bank in Turkey. Emirates NBD serves over 14 million customers and employs more than 25,000 people.
The bank currently has over 100 branches across the UAE and estimates a market share of 18% of assets in the region, 23% of loans and 20% of deposits. Click here to view a listing of the banks branches in the main cities of the UAE. The chart below is a quick summary of the trends in the banks financial metrics in recent years.
The bank is publicly traded and the Investment Corporation of Dubai held the largest ownership position of the bank (56%) as of December 31, 2021.
Emirates NBD SWIFT Code
- SWIFT Code: EBILAEAD
- Bank Code: EBIL is the bank code for Emirates NBD
- Country Code: AE is the county code for the UAE
- Location Code: A is the location of the bank
- Code Status: D is the status of the bank and indicates an active status
- Branch Code: this is a head there is no branch code, so blank or XXX indicates unassigned which usually means this SWIFT Code is for a head office
- Emirates NBD Routing Number: 302620122
Contact Information For Emirates NBD
- Headquarters: Baniyas Road, P.O. Box 777, Deira, Dubai, UAE
- Phone Number: +971 4 225 6256
- Fax Number: +971 4 223 0031