Emirates Islamic Bank was launched in 2004 and is an Islamic Bank operating in the UAE. The bank is among the youngest banks in the country and serves both consumers and businesses. Emirates Islamic Bank is the 3rd largest Islamic Bank in the UAE in terms of total assets. The bank is entirely owned by Emirates NBD Group, and indirectly owned by the Government of Dubai. The bank currently has 42 branches and 194 ATMs across the UAE, and has stated that 65% of its customers now bank through online and mobile banking channels. Over half of the bank’s branches are in Dubai. Click here to view a listing of the Emirates Islamic Bank’s branches. The chart below is a quick summary of the trends in the banks financial metrics in recent years.

emirates-islamic-bank-financials

Emirates Islamic Bank Products

The bank offers a number of bank accounts, credit cards and finance options for customers. In terms of bank accounts, the options include but are not limited to the following:

  • Current Account: this account is only open to UAE residents and requires account holders to maintain a minimum balance of AED 3,000 or have a minimum salary of AED 5,000 linked to the account in which case the minimum balance is waived. If you fail to maintain this minimum balance a fee of AED 25 will be charged each month (plus VAT). The account also includes the following features:
    • Free debit card
    • Cheque Book
    • Phone Banking
    • Online Banking
    • Mobile Application
    • SMS Alerts
    • Supports AED, USD, GBP, Euro, Yen, Canadian Dollar, Saudi Riyal and other currencies.
  • Kunooz Savings Account: to be eligible for this account you have to maintain a minimum balance of AED 3,000. The account is available to individuals, joint accounts and accounts for minors are also possible. The account features the potential to win prizes including:
    • Monthly Grand Cash Prize of AED 1 million
    • Monthly Prize of a Tesla Car
    • Every 2 weeks cash Prize of AED 10,000
  • E-Savings Account: this account is a Shari’a compliant Wakala-based profit bearing account. It is open to El customers and offered in AED and USD. Account holders can earn interest based on the average balance in their e-Savings account. Currently this is the rate of interest:
    • e-Savings 5K deposit Slab in AED of 5k to 50k will earn 0.40% p.a. in AED (0.20% p.a. in USD)
    • e-Savings 50K deposit Slab in AED of 50k-3.5 million will earn 0.60% p.a. in AED (0.40% in USD)
    • e-Savings 3.5 million Slab in AED of 3.5-25 million will earn 0.80% p.a. in AED (0.60% in USD)
    • For more than AED 25 million expected profit rate is 0.80% in AED, 0.60% in USD
  • Super Savings Account: to be eligible for this account you have to maintain a balance of AED 5,000 or more (average quarterly) or transfer your salary of AED 5,000 or higher to the bank. Benefits of this account type include:
    • Free debit card
    • Earn up to 15,000 Skywards Miles per quarter (must transfer monthly salary of AED 5,000 or maintain a minimum monthly balance of AED 20,000 within the first two months of opening the account to be eligible for this)
    • Free Saving Account with no minimum balance requirement
    • Online Banking
    • Phone Banking
    • Complementary Skyward Miles Per Quarter based on minimum balance:
      • AED 20,000 to 49,000: 500 miles
      • AED 50,000 to 249,999: 2,500 miles
      • AED 250,000 to 499,999: 5,000 miles
      • AED 500,000 to 999,999: 10,000 miles
      • AED 1 million and above: 15,000 miles
Emirates Islamic Bank SWIFT Code
  • SWIFT Code: MEBLAEAD
  • Bank Code: MEBL is the bank code for Emirates Islamic Bank
  • Country Code: AE is the county code for the UAE
  • Location Code: A is the location of the bank
  • Code Status: D is the status of the bank and indicates an active status
  • Branch Code: this is a head there is no branch code, so blank or XXX indicates unassigned which usually means this SWIFT Code is for a head office

Wholesale banking represented 61% of the bank’s lending as of December 2021 with the remaining 39% consisting of consumer banking. Within the bank’s consumer banking lending, 43% were loans for mortgages, 28% were personal finance loans and 9% were auto-related loans.

Contact Information For Emirates Islamic Bank

  • Address for Mailing: P.O Box 6564, Dubai
  • Phone Number: 600 599995
  • Fax Number: +971 4 358 2659

Overview of Account Fees For Emirates Islamic Bank

emirates-islamic-bank-fees

 

Comments are closed.